Thursday, August 1, 2019

Rainbow Card Challenge - Passion For Purple...

Hi! I am back with another great challenge for the Rainbow Card Challenge. Here is the inspiration pic.


I just love all the gorgeous shades of purple here. My favorite is the bottom right pic with the black and purple combo. Here is the card I created for you.


I decided to do some ink smooshing with distress and distress oxide inks. I used my Waffle Flower Water Media mat as my work surface. I was one of the lucky people to win it when it was released. It is an amazing product, very well designed and useful. I added the inks directly to the work surface and sprayed with water. After pressing the paper into the inks, I dried it with my heat tool.  Since the water media mat is made of heat resistant silicone there was no need to keep moving the paper around. And cleaning up the inks between layers was super easy! Here is the piece I created along with the inks I used.


I added several layers until I was happy with the look. 


I dried the panel thoroughly and trimmed it to fit an A2 size card base. 

I die-cut some wreaths from black card stock and glued them to the smooshed panel which was glued to the black card base. 

The sentiment is from the Wishing You stamp set by Mudra Craft Stamps. I stamped it with Versafine Onyx Black ink on a scrap of paper left over after I trimmed the smooshed panel. I matted it with black and added it to the card after popping it on some foam tape.

To finish, I die-cut a few tiny flowers from black cardstock and glued them to the wreath.


Here is another look at the completed card.


I hope you liked my card and are inspired to create something beautiful You can visit the Rainbow Card Challenge blog for more inspiration from the design team and link your entries. 

Love, 
Nandini











3 comments:

  1. Adore those rich colors on the background, they are great for showing that intricate die-cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nandini, this is perfect! I adore the background you created--and the black dies really POP off of it! Thank you for the tutorial, as well! Sending HUGS, friend! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete