Monday, June 12, 2017

Make My Monday Challenge #48...

Hi! I am back with a fresh new challenge at the Make My Monday blog. This time the theme is 'At The Beach'. Whenever I visit a beach I am always fascinated by the cute little crabs that run around in the sand. So I decided to make a card using a crab image.


I used an old Itsy Bitsy stamp set that has several cute sea creatures and stamped on a watercolor paper with Versamark. I heat embossed using black EP by Wow!. Originally I planned to use my watercolors to do the coloring. But then I came across this great tutorial by Julia Altermann of Just One More Card where she demonstrated a technique of using regular sketch pens to do the coloring of images. I decided to use my Camlin Brush Pens. And I loved the results! Here is a close-up of the panel.


I kept rest of the card super simple. I used the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch. The sentiment is from the Woodland Creatures stamp set by Hero Arts. I stamped it with Versamark and heat embossed with white EP by Wow!.

I hope you are inspired to create something beautiful by my card. You can link up your creations to our gallery here. And don't forget to visit the Make My Monday blog for some amazing inspiration by my fellow DT.

Entering this card in the following challenges:

CAS(E) This Sketch #225:


STAMPlorations June CAS Card Challenge:


Cardz 4 Guys Challenge #171 - Something Blue:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Make It Masculine:

Sparkles Monthly Challenge #92 - Four or More Legs:

Love,
Nandini





13 comments:

  1. your carb image makes me smile, teamie!

    Hugs and Kisses from Germany
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the layout and the colour combo. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is adorable! I love your colour choices and your very fun take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Your crab is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your card in the CAS(E) gallery and just had to come by to tell you how stunning your card is. I love the vibrant colours, your take on the sketch and the fun image! Have a great week and happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! Love that image! Great coloring and design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving your adorable crab. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - love the layout you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at the Sparkles Challenge Blog - hope to see you again for our new challenge which starts tomorrow.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Cardz4Guyz

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card, so vibrant and strong. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your crab card is so adorable, teamie!

    hugs and kisses from germany
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, thank you for joining in with the STAMPlorations CAS card challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's adorable! I love the texture behind him! Thanks so much for joining us at the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete