Sunday, May 29, 2016

Background Techniques...

Hi! This was my final post as DT for the Create Something Catchy blog. I never got around to posting it. The challenge was to create our own backgrounds.

I made two cards demonstrating two different techniques.


I love the white on white look. I die cut several pieces of white cardstock with the Spellbinder Medallion 4 and then arranged them on a card base cut from the same white cardstock. Once I had glued the die cuts, the card front looked deeply embossed. The sentiment is my own design which I got my local stationery guy to make up into a stamp. I heat embossed it in gold EP on a scrap of red paper. I also used the gold EP on a couple of white half pearls and adhered them to the sentiment strip to look like studs.

For the second card, I went back to my trusty acrylic paints.


I first took a piece of handmade paper and smooshed it with different shades of pink, orange and yellow. Once it was fairly dry, I used white acrylic paint and different sponge daubers to make circles. 

I trimmed it to size, rounded the corners and mounted on a bright pink handmade paper card base. The sentiment is die cut from gold foil board and mounted over a piece of vellum. Some gold sequins in different sizes finished this card.

I hope you liked these two different techniques for creating your own backgrounds.

Love,
Nandini

No comments:

Post a Comment