Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Distress Ink Stamping...

Hi! I just realized that it has been more than a month since I blogged! I have done very little except my DT cards. Which I have not posted on my blog! My craft mojo has been seriously missing this past month.

I decided to sit down with the supplies and try something simple to get started.



I first stamped with Altenew's Striped Florals in black. Then I used the solid stamps from the Circle Scribble Flowers set by My Favorite Things in three distress inks - Peacock Feathers, Evergreen Bough and Crushed Olive. The sentiment is from CAS-ual Fridays, heat embossed on black in white.

Entering this card in the MFT Color Challenge #28



I omitted the lilac color since I wanted my card to be more masculine.

Also entering it in the You Could Be a Card Design Superstar Card Contest by My Favorite Things.




Since I had my supplies out, I decided to try a technique that I had seen during OLC's Background Check class.



I don't have any solid stripe stamps. So I simply created one from some fun foam and stamped with the same distress inks and Pumice Stone. After the panel was done, I decided to add some faux stitching lines for interest. The stamp is from Itsy Bitsy.



I decided to created a shaker tag to add on the background.

Entering this card in the Tag You're It! Challenge #29



Also linking both the cards to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use a stamp & Blog Hop.

Love,
Nandini

17 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are beautiful Nandini!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the colors and your card design are always Wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great designs and colour combos for both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely cards you created!! I LOVE the colors that you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that amazing background and then you go and top it with a shaker too? Wonderful! And the gold word die is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love how you've stamped these beautifully colored dots, then overstamped. Great thought! And the mini shaker tag is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous - love the colour combinations! Good luck with the superstar contest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both the cards are fabulous. Love them both. But I love the background on the first card. Fab! Thanks for linking at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)
    Cheers!
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun card! Thank you for joining us for the STAMPtember® celebration on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful stamping! great cards! thanks so much for playing along with MFT Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete